Subject: Re: NetBSD installation NIGHTMARE (I'm totaly lost).
To: Laurent FAILLIE <l_faillie@yahoo.com>
From: Bruce O'Neel <edoneel@sdf.lonestar.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/05/2005 07:02:43
Hi,
On Fri, Aug 05, 2005 at 01:57:38AM +0200, Laurent FAILLIE wrote:
<snip>
> Installation medium to load the additional utilities
> from: 3
>
> Ejecting floppy disk
> Remove the boot disk from the floppy station and
> insert the second disk of
> the floppy installation set into the disk drive.
>
> The question below allows you to specify the device
> name of the floppy
> drive.  Usually, the default device will do just fine.
> Floppy device to load the installation utilities from
> [/dev/rfd0a]:
> Extracting installation utilities...
> gzip: can't read stdin: Invalid argument
> tar: End of archive volume 1 reached
> tar: Unexpected EOF on archive file
> tar: Sorry, unable to determine archive format.
> Ejecting floppy disk
>
> => Doesn't work :-(

Last time I did the floppy install I think the problem was that it's
not /dev/rfd0a.  Sadly I can't remeber exactly what I typed
(and boy is it a pain since you have to keep rebooting).

Try /dev/fd0a maybe?  /dev/rfd0c?  /dev/fd0c?
I don't remember.  Some poking around did get this to
work though.

good luck!

cheers

bruce