Subject: Re: DHCP question
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Laurent FAILLIE <l_faillie@yahoo.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/03/2005 23:13:19
Hi all,

> Looking at the manual page for dhclient.conf, maybe
> something like:
>
>   interface "le0" {
>     request routers;
>   }

I already have
   request subnet-mask, broadcast-address, routers,
domain-name-servers;
in my /etc/dhclient.conf

> > Would there also be a need to add an enter hook or
> somesuch so that
> > "route delete default" is given?
> >
> > If the client has a default route from its first
> request, when it
> > enters a new network, the old default route sticks
> around.
>
> dhclient-script should take care of this.  It will
> delete old routes and
> add new ones.

Hum, it's very interesting as my /etc/dhclient.conf
doesn't call any script (the line is commented out).
So, do I have to create a new dhclient-script ? It's
obvious to remove the old default route, but ... how
does this script found the new default gateway ?

Thanks all for your help.

Laurent

The misspelling master is on the Web.
   _________	100 % Dictionnary Free !
 /  Dico  / /	Pleins d'autres fautes sur
/________/ /	http://go.to/destroyedlolo
(#######( /	http://destroyedlolo.homeunix.org:8080
Quoi, des fautes d'orthographe! Pas possible ;-D.