Subject: Re: stray interrupt ipl 0x7
To: None <mcesare@nc.rr.com>
From: Rui Paulo <rpaulo@NetBSD.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 07/27/2005 03:49:06
On 2005.07.26 20:15:21 +0000, mcesare@nc.rr.com wrote:
| I've seen this on two different machines now with hme 100BaseT cards
|
| Configuring network interfaces: le0 hme0stray interrupt ipl 0x7
| pc=0xf0183838 npc=0xf018383c psr=400001c2<S,PS>
|
| both get this just after configuring hme0
| never see it again.
| Is this normal ?

http://netbsd.org/Documentation/kernel/

    What does Stray interrupt on IRQ 7 mean? (top)

   The "Stray interrupt on IRQ 7" kernel message means that the interrupt
   controller reported an unmasked interrupt on IRQ 7, but no driver attached
   to that IRQ 'claimed' it.

I think this also applies to SPARC, but with IPLs, not IRQs.

Anyway, maybe hme(4) is missing some interrupts ?

		-- Rui Paulo