Subject: Installation question.
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Laurent FAILLIE <l_faillie@yahoo.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 07/20/2005 01:35:34
Hello,

my current website is running under NetBSD 1.6.1 on a
SparcServer 5, 110 Mhz and 128 Mb ram.

I'm planning to upgrade to the latest 2.0.2.

1/ do you know if there will be new version in comming
weeks ?

2/ instead of upgrading my current system, I'll
install 2.0.2 on my SS2 (40Mhz AFIK, 64 Mb) and, as
soon as everything  is running, I will install SS2
disks into my SS5.

2.1/ if I create a new kernel on my SS2, will it run
on my SS5 ? Will I have to build another one on the
SS5 to take in account the new CPU and larger memories
(optimisation ?).

2.2/ idem for applications : I run Apache2,
Postgresql, PHP and I compile them form original
sources + some network tools as DHCP server, DNS, NAT,
If I compile them on my SS2, will the binaries the
binary run on my SS5 ?

Thanks for your tips.

Laurent

The misspelling master is on the Web.
   _________	100 % Dictionnary Free !
 /  Dico  / /	Pleins d'autres fautes sur
/________/ /	http://go.to/destroyedlolo
(#######( /	http://destroyedlolo.homeunix.org:8080
Quoi, des fautes d'orthographe! Pas possible ;-D.