Subject: Re: Random segfaults
To: Rui Paulo <rpaulo@NetBSD.org>
From: Rick Kelly <rmk@toad.rmkhome.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/27/2005 22:47:01
Rui Paulo said:

>> Maybe the problem developed after you upgraded (I had the same thing
>> happen with solaris on an e250... seemd to run sol 8 fine but put sol
>> 9 on it and it would blow up with random seg faults... turned out to
>> be the main board was faulty)

I have an SS5/110 running -current. Originally, it was running 2.0, but when
I went to 2.0.2 I started getting coredumps from sh while building tools. I
fiddled with memory, and finally switched to -current.

I did some build with:

mk.conf: CPUFLAGS = -mv8 -mtune=supersparc
kernel config: makeoptions     CPUFLAGS="-mv8 -mtune=supersparc"

After a few updates and builds I started getting random coredumps of various
tools in /bin while building tools using build.sh.

Yesterday I reformatted and newfsed the drive that holds /usr/obj. I also
deleted and newfsed /usr/src, which resides on an NFS partition. I checked
out -current again and rebuilt and installed everything in /usr/src/bin. I have
now successfully rebuilt tools, and am doing a full build. Somehow, some
corruption crept in somewhere.
--
Rick Kelly	rmk@rmkhome.com
		<http://www.rmkhome.com/>