Subject: Re: sh problem resolved
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Andreas_Hallmann <hallmann@ahatec.de>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/22/2005 16:46:05
On Mon, May 16, 2005 at 02:31:34PM -0600, Rick Kelly wrote:

> I built -current with:
>
> /etc/mk.conf:
>
> CPUFLAGS = -mv8 -mtune=supersparc
>
> kernel config file:
>
> makeoptions     CPUFLAGS="-mv8 -mtune=supersparc"

Does this do anything aditionaly to setting CPUFLAGS in /etc/mk.conf
for a "v8' build (Using -B v8 or whatever)?

If not, I have a ss4 here, dumping core on a v8-sh with a v8 kernel 2.0.2.
Note turbosparc's are running perfectly with exactly the same build.

> This fixes the sh dumping core problem but raises the question of how NetBSD
> should be compiled on sun4m and probably sun4d.
>
> I did not test this, but, GENERIC or a custom kernel that is not built
> with "options SUN4M" as the sole architecture option my work.
>
> At least, there needs to be complete documentation of the "problem".

Please Rick, can you give us the spec of the machine which had the problem
and now hasn't?

--
NetBSD: If you happen to have any problem with your uptime.