Subject: Re: /etc/mk.conf and compiler options for SS5
To: Jesse Sayre <sayre17833@earthlink.net>
From: Olev <hannula@gmail.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/26/2005 20:55:12
On 4/26/05, Jesse Sayre <sayre17833@earthlink.net> wrote:
> Have several SS5's (85MHz and 110MHz versions) that I wish to compile som=
> apps on.  I am sorta at a loss as to which compiler options I want to pas=

SS5 is supersparc so -mcpu=3Dsupersparc is the thing you need.

> If some direction could be provide (actual
> examples of what has been beneficial to other in the past would be greatl=
> appreciated).=20

The easiest things to do is just install devel/cpuflags package that
can automatically detect your CPU and generate needed flags for it.
Here's my actual mk.conf from a SS5:
CFLAGS+=3D -pipe
.sinclude "/usr/pkg/shake/mk/cpuflags.mk"

Olev