Subject: RE: pkgscr installation
To: 'Marcus Franke' <marcus.franke@gmx.net>
From: Gary Parker <G.J.Parker@lboro.ac.uk>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/19/2005 10:07:05

Hey Marcus,
 you'll need to create /usr/pkg and /usr/pkgsrc then checkout the pkgsrc
tree from a CVS server of your choice.

Best thing is to follow this document:
http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/pkgsrc/users-guide.html

Depending on what CPU(s) you have in your SS20 it's also worthwhile creating
/etc/mk.conf with some optimisation instructions for when you're compiling.
I've got a couple of Ross 150MHz CPUs in mine and my /etc/mk.conf is as
follows:

CPUFLAGS=-mcpu=hypersparc
COPTS+=-pipe
BUILDFLAGS+=-j3