Subject: Re: 3.99.x/sparc => Watchdog Reset`
To: NetBSD SPARC port <port-sparc@NetBSD.org>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/15/2005 10:43:25
[Thus spake Greywolf ("G: ") Monday...]

G: From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
G: To: NetBSD SPARC port <port-sparc@NetBSD.org>
G: Subject: 3.99.x/sparc => Watchdog Reset`
G: Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 20:54:47 -0700 (PDT)
G: X-Spam-Level:
G:
G: hey there.
G:
G: Doesn't matter if the kernel is custom or generic.
G: When I boot it, I get
G:
G: TTTTTTT+DDDDDDD+BBBBBBB[+ddddddd+bbbbbb]
G: and the two copyright notices, then
G:
G: Watchdog Reset
G: Program Terminated
G: ok

I think the problem lies in the generation of the cross-compile tools
and the flags used to build binaries, as I built a 2.0.2 kernel and
it watchdogged right after the power management attach, just before
the qfe/hme attach.  Something is definitely amiss here, but as the
pre-compiled GENERIC does not fail, it must be something I'm doing wrong.

I have my box set up to use "-mcpu=ath-xp" and the sse fp extensions.
Now, i don't THINK the compiler requires FP when compiling a kernel,
but as a precaution, I'm ripping them out and rebuilding my stuff.

I'll post again when I finish rebuilding...

				--*greywolf;
--
System V Release 4 /MIS tem FIVE re LEES FORE/ n. 1.  An operating system so
hideously huge, bloated and driven by marketing rather than performance or