Subject: Re: More SPARCbook insanity
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.org>
From: Mike Parson <mparson@bl.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/10/2005 09:25:39
On Sun, Apr 10, 2005 at 02:10:17AM -0400, Michael wrote:
> Hello,
>
>>> Found it. The major device number needs to be declared in sys/arch/sparc/conf/majors.sparc. The entry for wd was commented out as
>>> sparc64-only.
>>> Here's a new test kernel that should work with the above /dev/ entries:
>>> http://macallan.homeunix.org:6704/stuff/BSD/sparc/SPARCbook3GX_04_08.bz2
>>> Besides that it's a lot less noisy :)
>>
>> Here we go.
>>
>> When I manually bring the ep0 interface up, it links, but I can't ping
>> it from another host.
> Does it send packets? Sounds like there's still some interrupt issue...

This box is netbooting NetBSD using the onboard interface, the quickest
test I came up with was to ping the other interface from another box on
the LAN.

>> wdc0 at pcmcia1 function 0: <128MB,        , 5.0>
>> wdc0: i/o mapped mode
>> atabus0 at wdc0 channel 0
>> wd0 at atabus0 drive 0: <Hitachi ATA 6.1>
>> wd0: drive supports 1-sector PIO transfers, LBA addressing
>> wd0: 122 MB, 978 cyl, 8 head, 32 sec, 512 bytes/sect x 250368 sectors
>> wd0: no disk label
>> wd0: no disk label
>> wd0: no disk label
>> wd0: no disk label
>> wd0: no disk label
>> tadpole#
> Could you access the CF card?

That was at the top:

tadpole# disklabel -i /dev/wd0
partition> P
3 partitions:
#        size    offset     fstype [fsize bsize cpg/sgs]
 c:    250368         0     unused      0     0        # (Cyl.      0 -    977)
partition> Q

tadpole# mount -t msdos /dev/wd0c /mnt
mount_msdos: /dev/wd0c on /mnt: Operation not supported by device

But I just stuck that same card in my WinXP laptop, and the card was
formatted fat32 for my GBA MoviePlayer.  Feh, trying again with a
regular FAT FS.

And the card that did mount under Solaris does not mount under NetBSD.
Same results under disklabel -i though.

A friend of mine has an 802.11b card that is supported under NetBSD,
he's been out of town all week, I'll see if I borrow it and give it a
shot too.

--
Michael Parson
mparson@bl.org