Subject: More SPARCbook insanity
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/07/2005 21:14:22
Hello,

my SPARCbook 3GX just finished compiling XFree86 and despite my changed console driver the suncg3 driver works just fine ( painfully slow though, and it messes up the colour map but that can easily be fixed in NetBSD's pnozz )
Anyway, the mouse doesn't work. Since wsmouse doesn't attach to ms (yet) I can't use XFree's wsmouse driver - which one should I use instead? I tried MouseSystems, PS/2 and BusMouse with varying degrees of funny cursor behaviour.
Since I already did an accelerated console driver for the SPARCbook I think it shouldn't be hard to make up some driver with basic acceleration ( the chip supports all kinds of fancy blitter operations like colour expansion, line drawing and so on, the XFree86 3.3 driver didn't use half of it ) and a hardware cursor.

I also made a new test kernel, with boye-flipping on PCMCIA reversed, please try it and tell me if anything PCMCIAish works with it.
Get it here: http://macallan.homeunix.org:6704/stuff/BSD/sparc/SPARCbook3GX_04_07.bz2
A matching V8-optimized -current userland can be found here:
http://macallan.homeunix.org:6704/stuff/BSD/sparc/snapshots/20050402/binary/sets/

have fun
Michael