Subject: Re: SPARCbook and wscons
To: None <bsieker@rvs.uni-bielefeld.de>
From: Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/03/2005 16:24:23
Hello,

> > Hmm, the memory dump at [unmap io] is empty - it should show your card's registers. Could you please try again with the card in the
> > lower slot? Apparently I made some mistake and slot 1 doesn't use the right address range.
>
> Sorry, I've already packed up the machine to go to a conference,
> I'll be back thursday evening.
No need to hurry :)

I've found something else that may be the reason why your card didn't attach - the PCMCIA controller supports some sort of byte-swapping, all PRISM registers are 16bit and the only non-0000 in your dmesg is the PRISM status register ( so it may be the right range after all - I couldn't find anything obvious in the code ) but the content doesn't make sense as it is, byte-swapped it does. So I'll make another kernel with byteswappery set the other way around, maybe this helps. Too bad I don't have any supported card here :/

have fun
Michael