Subject: Re: NetBSD 2.0 and bind 9.3.x
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Gert Doering <gert@greenie.muc.de>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/20/2005 23:32:32
In muc.lists.netbsd.port.sparc Matthias Scheler wrote:

>In article <m1DCQKm-0005L4C@greenie.muc.de>,
>	gert@greenie.muc.de (Gert Doering) writes:
>> 2.0.1 on Sparc 64 still has the problem.  While I was running
>> clamav-milter with native threads, the system crashed about once a day.
>> Since I have recompiled clamav-milter with pkgsrc "pth", the machine is
>> rock solid, not a single crash.

>Please try again with NetBSD 2.0.2_BETA built from today's (2005-03-20)
>sources. Make sure that you got a least revision 1.50.2.1.2.1 of
>"src/sys/kern/kern_sa.c".

Just updated my sources, got 1.50.2.2 of kern_sa.c, which has a patch
that looks very much like the patch that was already floating around
on one of the sparc* lists (l->l_flag |= L_SA_SWITCHING).

*This* part I already had, and it wasn't sufficient, but the changes
to sparc*/sparc*/machdep.c look different to what I had, so maybe I
misapplied something in backporting the original patch.

I'll try this over the next days, but can't promise any results "real
soon", as there is lot of day-to-day work coming :-(

Just for clarification: there are some other patches floating around
that change libpthread/pthread.c (PTHREAD_MLOCK_KLUDGE).  Are these
also still considered necessary?

gert

--
gert@greenie.muc.de   fax: +49-89-35655025   http://alpha.greenie.net/mgetty/

Nobody ever forgets where he buried the hatchet. -- Kin Hubbard