Subject: Re: Sparc LX install
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.org>
From: Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.de>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/20/2005 13:03:36
In article <3d749ec35619df5120c8f0306ad7501d@mac.com>,
	kelley <kelleylaw@mac.com> writes:
> The only problem is that I do not have a  monitor, CD drive or keyboard for
> it.

Not a problem. I needed nothing of the above to setup mine.

> The only other computers I have are running OSX. Is there a way to install
> NetBSD via eithernet, ...

Yes, please have a look at the installations instructison which are
available here:

ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-2.0/sparc/INSTALL.html

Especially the section "Installing NetBSD by using a netboot setup"
is interesting for you.

> By connecting directly to a computer using a cross over cable?

You don't need a cross over cable, you can simply use the normal ethernet.
But you need a USB to serial cable to access the serial console of
the SPARCstation LX.

	Kind regards

--
Matthias Scheler                                  http://scheler.de/~matthias/