Subject: Re: Random lockups and swap lockup
To: Rui Paulo <rpaulo@netbsd-pt.org>
From: David Brownlee <abs@NetBSD.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/18/2005 11:32:13
On Thu, 17 Mar 2005, Rui Paulo wrote:

> Greetings.
> I've been testing NetBSD/sparc by malloc()'ing large quantities of memory,
> thus making some swap/mem stressing to test the overall stability of
> this system.
> Strangely, what I got was some lockups. I guess I found 2 different
> problems when doing this stressing:
[...]

 	I was able to reproduce this on a dual proc sparc20,
 	NetBSD-2.0_STABLE, all compiled -mcpu=supersparc,
 	after running unlimit to stop the datasize limit
 	limiting the eat processes.

 	Can you submit a PR so this doesn't get lost?

 	If you have a chance and are able to test it with a current
 	or NetBSD-3_BETA kernel that would also be helpful.