Subject: Re: IPC 12 MB of RAM is running out of memory during install of NetBSD-2.0
To: Tru Huynh <tru@pasteur.fr>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/19/2005 08:49:33
On Sat, Feb 19, 2005 at 01:04:43AM +0100, Tru Huynh wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am try to install NetBSD-2.0 from the multi-arch CDROM
> on a IPC with only 12MB of RAM (12x1MB).
>
> The system boots from the CDROM and begin the installation but can't proceed
> after failing to disklabel or running /bin/sh from the utility menu.
>
> This is by no means critical, I just wanted to know if it "normal".

I'd suspect that it isn't surprising...
I've not tried a sparc install on a system with limited memory, but
the standard i386 install won't run in less that 16MB.

You may need to build a smaller kernel and netboot it.  Then install
by exploding the required .tgz files.

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk