Subject: NetBSD 2.0 on SS5/70 with TGX+
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Thatcher Hubbard <thatcher.hubbard@computer-er.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/10/2005 09:55:00
Hi all,

  I've installed 2.0 on a pair of SS5/70s that I have, both with TGX+ cards
installed and 128MB of RAM.  These machines had done DNS for a company I
used to work at for about a year.  The 2.0 install went fine, but I tried to
build my own kernel with the RASTERCONSOLE option selected in the kernel and
the smaller font.  The machine booted just fine, but the PROM text stays up
and the actual "window" of the shell is a small square in the center of the
monitor.  It scrolls just fine, but the original boot messages show up
behind it.  I'd love to fit more text on the screen, and I'd also love to
have virtual consoles.  Can the wscons driver for SPARC do virtual consoles?