Subject: Re: NetBSD2.0/sparc not ready for prime time?
To: glen mccready <gkm+nb@petting-zoo.net>
From: Gert Doering <gert@greenie.muc.de>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/03/2005 20:53:56
Hi,

On Thu, Feb 03, 2005 at 11:21:14AM -0800, glen mccready wrote:
> > the application core dumps when pthread-using processes are paged out
> > are a problem on all platforms.
> >
> > charles posted a work-around a while back that should help:
> >
> > http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-kern/2005/01/06/0006.html
>
> any idea when these workarounds will hit -current? :-)

Any chance to get them folded into 2.0.x, too (userland plus kernel fixes)?

I'm running 2.0.1 here on my family mail server, to get *stability*, and
what I get is "threaded perl 5.8 by default, and threaded apps are known to
be non-working".  Which is a somewhat unfortunate combination.

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
Gert Doering - Munich, Germany                             gert@greenie.muc.de
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert@net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de