Subject: NetBSD2.0/sparc not ready for prime time? (was Re: apache
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: Tom Uban <uban@ubanproductions.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/30/2005 21:07:12
At 05:46 PM 1/30/2005 +0100, Manuel Bouyer wrote:

>On Sun, Jan 30, 2005 at 08:28:47AM -0600, Tom Uban wrote:
> > >Yes, it's sparc-specific. I have several PRs open for pthread problems on
> > >sparc.
> >
> > Is there a known good version of the pthread library that I can
> compile/use?
>
>Not sure if it's a libpthread or kernel issue. Probably both.

I entered this endeavour because I figured that 1.4.1 was getting a bit
stale and that it was time to update various applications along the way.
The installation was going pretty smoothly until the apache/pthread
encounter. Is anyone successfully running a sparc firewall/server with
NetBSD2.0, apache, etc?

--tom