Subject: Re: SMP and threads question
To: Daniel Carosone <dan@geek.com.au>
From: Michael Kukat <michael@unixiron.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/29/2005 11:58:24
Hi !

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005, Daniel Carosone wrote:
> > there is no problem with some locking by mutex or so between the threads. I see
> > no reason why the scheduler should not put 2 threads on 2 CPUs to gain the full
> > power of the machine.
>
> export PTHREAD_CONCURRENCY=2 (and prepare to potentially trip over other issues.)

Muchas gracias! This helps to fill up both CPUs with work:

   28.10s real    54.54s user     0.08s system

Found misc/25523, so i don't ask why this is not documented somewhere :)

...Michael

--
http://www.unixiron.org/    Home Powered by: (Net|Open|Free)BSD IRIX NonStop-UX
Solaris AIX HP-UX Tru64 MUNIX Ultrix VMS SINIX Dolphin_Unix OpenStep MacOS A/UX