Subject: net install of a sparcstation5 -generic help
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: MATTHIS ROUCH <120580@soas.ac.uk>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/29/2005 00:29:29
Dear netbsd/sparc users,

I am trying to netboot my sparcstation so that I can remotely login to it a=
nd from there perform some installation. I have followed the instructions=
 to boot the sun diskless, from a mac os x server. Things go pretty well,=

1. rarpd worked
2. tftpd shows that the sun got the boot file
3. bootparamd on mac os x says:

whoami 192.168.11.8
whoami name=3Dss5 domain=3D router=3D192.168.11.1
getfile ss5 root
getfile server=3D192.168.11.4 (192.168.11.4) path=3D/export/client/root

So I gathered everything was fine. Because I have no direct access to the c=
lient's console, I followed the instructions at http://www.netbsd.org/Doc=
umentation/network/netboot/files.nocons.html about "Setting up Remote Acc=
ess Without Any Console", i.e creating device files, editing the rc.conf =
file, and set a account/password file.

BUT, when trying to telnet to the sun station, nothing happens....

Where do you think that something is going wrong?
Any help greatly appreciated- thank!