Subject: Re: Two Voyager issues
To: None <myers@aedifice.net>
From: John D. Baker <jdbaker@mylinuxisp.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/07/2005 14:34:15
David C. Myers wrote:

> First, maddeningly, the keyboard doesn't repeat when you hold a key down
> under X.  I tried the obvious thing ('xset r on'), but it doesn't help.
> Thinking maybe it had something to do with the X binaries I cross-built
> from my i386 machine, I downloaded a fresh set of binaries from
> ftp.netbsd.org.  Same issue.  Any ideas?

I posted about similar behavior on my SS5 back in November.  See:

    http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-sparc/2004/11/11/0000.html

I then did some poking around and found a workaround.  See:

    http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-sparc/2004/11/14/0000.html

Don't know how similar your problem might be and I really don't know
the underlying issues that bring it or my problems about, but I'd like
to know if my workaround works for you.

--
John D. Baker, KN5UKS                    NetBSD     Darwin/MacOS X
jdbaker(at)mylinuxisp(dot)com                 OpenBSD            FreeBSD