Subject: RE: Re: Re: install netbsd on sparcstation 5 with limited resources
To: 'MATTHIS ROUCH' <martin@duskware.de>
From: pyrotek <pyrotek@internode.on.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/06/2005 01:26:19
Good morning all,

Hope this helps, sorry if it's a bit unclear its 2am :)

The 25pin parallel port you refer to on your sparc is in fact an older style
25pin serial port. This can be converted to a standard 9pin serial port
plug.

You need on your PC or what ever system A 9pin serial port or USB to
Serial(9pin), I know they make USB to 9pin serial adaptors so that's no
problem.
You also need 25pin to 9 pin converter and a null modem cable and your USB
to serial port adaptor.

What you need to do is plug the 25pin to 9 pin adaptor into the serial A
port then plug the 9pin null modem cable into that, then plug the other end
of the cable into your 9pin serial port or USB to serial port adaptor.
Use telnet or what ever you like using the settings 9600b 8n1.

I know this works used it quite a lot on an apple to console into sparc's