Subject: Re: sysinst problems
To: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
From: Robert Elz <kre@munnari.OZ.AU>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/07/2004 13:12:07
    Date:        Mon, 6 Dec 2004 15:49:21 -0800 (PST)
    From:        Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>

  | ** notice:  I am not, at this point, on a crusade for a knob into sysinst.
  | ** My head has bruises from the wall, I am not seeing light yet (stars,
  | ** sure), and the wall is still there.

I really can't believe that this discussion is still continuing.  I can
even less believe that you (or anyone) is bothering to argue point by
point with Greg Woods about it - have you learned nothing yet.

Overlapping partitions is occasionally useful (rarely, but not never)
and no-one is planning on removing that capability from the system
(I hope).

On the other hand, putting an "I know what I am doing" capability into
sysinst certainly isn't necessary - anyone who knows enough about how
labels work to correctly use a label with overlapping partitions should
also know enough to know that sysinst isn't the only way to create/update
labels, or to install systems.    sysinst is the "easy way" for those who
don't want to know every detail, let alone get into weird special cases.
Leave it that way.

kre