Subject: Re: sysinst problems
To: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
From: David Maxwell <david@crlf.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/06/2004 21:25:43
On Tue, 07 Dec 2004, matthew green wrote:
> raidframe is one reason to use overlapping disklabels.  i've in the
> past done this so that i can access the in-raid filesystem on a kernel
> that was lacking raidframe support...
>
> i've also setup dumps directly to this partition, rather than via the
> raidframe device.  then savecore finds it in swap like normal...

Those are good reasons for disklabel to allow it to be done(*). I don't
think they're a strong argument for sysinst to make it easy to do so
though.

(*) - I'd even be inclined to suggest that disklabel have a field to tag
a partition as overlapping, so that it could sanity check that none do,
unless explicitly specified, on a partition by partition basis.

--
David Maxwell, david@vex.net|david@maxwell.net --> Unless you have a solution
when you tell them things like that, most people collapse into a gibbering,