Subject: Re: XF86Config for Sparcstation 20?
To: Dmitri Kondratiev <d_kondr@yahoo.com>
From: Jonathan Towne <jtowne@slic.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/18/2004 06:02:02
Well, its been a while since I installed from an ISO; so forgive me..
I like net installs ;)

When I last did, though; I seem to remember that the X sets were there;
then.. at that point, a second CD was not needed.

Worst case, install and tell it you want the X sets; if it does not
install them.. grab them from the ftp server and untar (they are .tgz).

I believe a simple 'tar zxvpf ...tgz' should work from '/', but i'd
double check.

-- Jonathan Towe

On Thu, Nov 18, 2004 at 01:18:47AM -0800, Dmitri Kondratiev scribbled:
# Jonathan,
#
# I was trying to install everything (including X11)
# from multi-cd1.iso, which is wrong as I understand
# now. Do I need multi-cd2.iso to install X11, or maybe
# just sparccd.iso, that should have binaries for SS20?
#
# Thanks for your help!
# Dima
#
# --- Jonathan Towne <jtowne@slic.com> wrote:
#
# > Dmitri;
# >
# >  If you install the X sets from the netbsd.org ftp
# > and you login, you
# > should be able to simply type 'startx' and find that
# > it works.. this
# > has been the case for me with 3 SparcStation 2's, 2
# > IPX's, and an
# > SS10 as well.. running releases from 1.5 to 2.0
# > snapshots.
# >
# > Please let us know if this doesn't do what it
# > should.
# >
# >  -- Jonathan Towne
# >
# > On Wed, Nov 17, 2004 at 08:05:00AM -0800, Dmitri
# > Kondratiev scribbled:
# > # Hello,
# > # I am trying to run NetBSD on Sparctstation 20. I
# > have
# > # no docs describing hardware (monitor, mouse, etc.)
# > so
# > # I am looking for XF86Config for Sparcstation 20.
# > # Can somebody please e-mail it to me?
# > # Thanks
# > #
# > # =====
# > # Dmitri Kondratiev,
# > # d_kondr@yahoo.com
# > # http://www.geocities.com/dkondr/
# > #
# > # Principal Architect, R&D
# > # Luxoft Labs
# > # IBS group of companies
# > # dkondratiev@luxoft.com
# > # http://www.luxoftlabs.com
# > #
# > #
# > #
# > # __________________________________
# > # Do you Yahoo!?
# > # The all-new My Yahoo! - Get yours free!
# > # http://my.yahoo.com
# > #
# >
# > --