Subject: Re: Performance?
To: NetBSD SPARC list <port-sparc@NetBSD.org>
From: Laurent FAILLIE <l_faillie@yahoo.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/22/2004 23:29:19
 --- Rui Paulo <phlox-netbsd-sparc@fnop.net> a écrit :

> On 2004.10.22 18:14:18 +0000, Laurent FAILLIE wrote:
> > > I think that's normal behaviour. Your processor
> > > isn't really powerful
> > > as you might thought. My Sparc Station 20 (2 x
> LM50
> > > - 50Mhz) needs 1/2
> > > minutes to start to start apache.
> >
> > I wander what you are running on ????
>
> Note that I stated my experience with two LM50 CPUs
> without any
> external cache.

Yes, but 30 seconds looks very very long, eveb on
small machines. I only heard about so long startup w/
old version of apache 1.3 w/ mass hosting.
Even on my HP 715@33Mhz I used in the past, Apache +
PHP starts in 5 seconds.

Do you use special modules ? Or perhasp your system is
short in memory and have to swap to allocate space for
apache ?

=====
The misspelling master is on the Web.
   _________	100 % Dictionnary Free !
 /  Dico  / /	Pleins d'autres fautes sur
/________/ /	http://go.to/destroyedlolo
(#######( /	http://destroyedlolo.homeunix.org:8080
Quoi, des fautes d'orthographe! Pas possible ;-D.