Subject: TCX FB Support in NetBSD 2.0
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Robert Mohr <robmohr@charter.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/09/2004 22:45:35
I=92ve been looking through mailing list archives, and the NetBSD SPARC =
port
web pages; however I have not been able to determine what level of =
support
for the TCX framebuffer now exists in NetBSD 2.0. =20

The only reference I found on the web site
(http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/sparc/hardware.html) indicated =93kernel =
support
limited to cgthree emulation=94.  Is this still the case in 2.0?  I've =
found
several posts archived that indicated that some work was being done to
extend the support for the TCX card in the 2.0 release.  Did this not =
get
incorporated?

I am currently running RC3, and am using Xsun24 to launch X.  Running
xwininfo and clicking on the root window yields the following =
information:

1152 x 900
8 bit

Please let me know how to enable higher color depth support in X if it =
is in
fact supported in the driver now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Rob Mohr