Subject: Re: QFE quad happy meal question
To: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/30/2004 20:39:59
On Wed, Jun 30, 2004 at 12:39:56PM -0400, der Mouse wrote:
> Neither am I, but I _have_ seen networking hardware work at 100 but not
> at 10.  (It was a 100/1000 gigabit interface.)

I have seen hme fail at 10baseT and work at 100baseTX-fdx ;-)

I use my QFE as a bridge - which in our current implementation only works
correctly for IFF_SIMPLEX interfaces. Hmes apparently have the simplex
property only if in full-duplex mode. I had to hard-wire all 10baseT ports
of my QFE to full-duplex to make bridge0 happy.

Martin