Subject: QFE quad happy meal question
From: Chris Wareham <chris.wareham@iosystems.co.uk>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/30/2004 14:03:40
I'm about to set up a firewall machine for a friend, and I'm hoping to
be able to use a spare SparcStation 5 with NetBSD 2.0BETA on it. I need
to get a second ethernet controller for the machine, and have come
across a QFE card on Ebay.

It's an X1058A (sun ref. 501-2062), which I think is a quad happy meal.
Would this make a good choice for a firewall machine? I seem to recall
some people having problems with similar cards, but couldn't find
anything definite in the mailing list archives.

My other question is whether the card can operates at 10MB/s or only at
100MB/s, as the ADSL modem it will be attached to is 10MB/s only. I'd
always assumed that anything that can run at 100MB/s would also work at
10MB/s, but I'm not an ethernet guru ...

Chris