Subject: Re: Netbooting NetBSD/sparc
To: Julian Coleman <jdc@coris.org.uk>
From: Sean Davis <erplefoo@gmail.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/28/2004 19:15:44
On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 10:32:30 +0100, Julian Coleman <jdc@coris.org.uk> wrote:

> >                                                                  In
> > the meantime, does anybody know what the equivalent of stop-a is on a
> > sparcbook? (read: how the hell do I get to openboot so I can install
> > over solaris? :P)
>
> It's pause-A.  In one of the documents available from:
>
>   http://www.tadpolecomputer.com/pdf/support/manuals/legacy/sparc/
>
> (3000.pdf, IIRC) is the complete list of pause-X combinations.

> --
>   My other computer also runs NetBSD    /        Sailing at Newbiggin
>         http://www.netbsd.org/        /   http://www.newbigginsailingclub.org/

Thanks, for some reason I figured it'd be harder to find than it was.
I've now gotten NetBSD-current (20040615 i think) running on a
SPARCbook 3GX with 128MB ram, crossbuilt kernel tuned from TADPOLE3GX
built on an x86. Not the fastest fish in the sea, but still, quite
nice. Although the heat issue bothers me. They'll come in handy in the
winter, I think :-P

--
Sean