Subject: Re: Hard lockups on 2.0_BETA when using python?
To: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/25/2004 22:27:36
On Fri, Jun 25, 2004 at 06:45:15PM +0200, Martin Husemann wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 24, 2004 at 02:18:42PM -0700, Andrey Petrov wrote:
> > I don't remember those being a problem on sparc64. I'll retest it, thanks.
>
> Last I tested sparc64 passed *all* regression tests (after I made it so).

The regression test may not trigger the problem on all platforms.
Note that one of the tests (the fork() one, if my memory is right)
fail on sun4c but pass on sun4m.

Someone mentionned problems with registers window.
Re-reading Eduardo's mail about this topic, I guess it could explain the
issue if there are more register windows available on sun4m (and I guess sun4u)
than sun4c.
But it's just a guess, I don't know more about this than what Eduardo posted
to tech-kern a few days ago.

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>