Subject: Hard lockups on 2.0_BETA when using python?
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Joachim Thiemann <thiemann@gel.usherbrooke.ca>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/23/2004 13:58:19
Hello all,
I have a SS4 (32Meg) with a 2.0_BETA install from releng (20040531000),
running GENERIC.  Since it is my "always-on" machine with few tasks (dyndns
updates, private FTP, ssh gateway) I decided it could be used to run some
bittorrents...

However, either the bitorrent process (that is, the python interpreter) or
the fact that load is heavy causes a machine lock-up; sometimes silent,
sometimes with a "Watchdog" message.

So far, I have only been able to cause that to happen with
"btlaunchmanycurses.py" which is why I am suspecting the heavy load issue
somewhat.

I have't done any kernel debugging, but if someone tells me what to do to
obtain more info, I'd be happy to oblige.  I have other (i386) NetBSD and
Linux machines on my network, so provided I can get a Sparc-PeeCee null
modem cable I could do remote debugging.

Joe.
--
http://www.gel.usherbrooke.ca/thiemann