Subject: kern/25717 also seen on SS5...
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: John D. Baker <jdbaker@mylinuxisp.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/21/2004 13:03:26
I've been experimenting with NetBSD 2.0_BETA running a NPAT/firewall on
an 85MHz SPARCstation 5 w64MB RAM.  The untrusted interface is a pppd
dialup to my ISP on ppp0 and the internal, trusted interface is le0.

I'm using the release-engineering snapshot of 31 May 2004 with the GENERIC
kernel.

In general, it works fine, until an FTP session is established (using
the ipnat internal proxy).  As soon as the user authenticates to the
remote server, the machine panics exactly as described in

    kern/25717

I've seen the note to try a -current build and I plan to do so as soon
as my prospective build host is itself updated.

Just wanted to drop a note that the problem seems to not be confined to
MP-capable SPARCs.

Thanks.

--
John D. Baker, KN5UKS                    NetBSD     Darwin/MacOS X
jdbaker(at)mylinuxisp(dot)com                 OpenBSD            FreeBSD