Subject: netboot install sysinst on a SS4 runs into floating point exception with both 2.0 Beta and 1.6.1
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Andreas_Hallmann <hallmann@hallhard.darktech.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/14/2004 23:13:59
HI all,
netboot-intstalling a SS4 to 2.0 Beta I run into trouble.
Everythings run fine until I hit

> a: Set size of NetBSD partitions

Then the next screen apears.
Yust before some partition data is shown, I get a foating
point exception.

Same procedure with 1.6.1.

I'm  sure this is due to the fact, that the disk is a format NextSTEP3.3
for sparc systems. I.e. it carries a valid sun disklabel with all partitions
of length zero.

Triying to solve this issue, i did a

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sda bs=512 count=1

which should at least make the disk label invalid - right?

But this does not help. Same result as above. Please help! Im out of ideas now.

Andreas
--
NetBSD: If you happen to have any problem with your uptime.