Subject: Re: Problems booting: no file system for sd0
To: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
From: Hisashi T Fujinaka <htodd@twofifty.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/09/2004 16:08:26
On Wed, 9 Jun 2004, der Mouse wrote:

>> root on sd0h dumps on sd0b
>> no file system for sd0 (dev 0x707)
>
>> This is accurate, since I only have sd0a (/) and sd0b (swap).
>
> I don't see why it wants root on the h partition.
>
> Thought - try adding an h partition at the same offset and size as the
> a partition.  (You will probably have to boot from install media to do
> this.)
>
> Or, boot with -a and specify sd0a when prompted.
>
> Either one should get you up single-user, at which point you can config
> and build a generic kernel.  (It would help if we knew what kernel you
> were using and what bootpath it reports at startup.)

It happened with both custom and GENERIC_SCSI3 kernels. It offers me the
option of manually entering in the root device.

My bootpath is:
bootpath: /iommu@0,10000000/sbus@0,10001000/espdma@4,8400000/esp@4,8800000/sd@3,0:h
mainbus0 (root): SUNW,SPARCclassic: hostid 80024a75

Hmm. That looks wrong to me.

--
Hisashi T Fujinaka - htodd@twofifty.com