Subject: Re: Removing SILO From A SPARCStation LX
To: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
From: Gary Gale <spam@vicchi.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/21/2004 10:46:00
On Fri, 21 May 2004, Martin Husemann wrote:

> On Fri, May 21, 2004 at 05:20:01AM -0400, der Mouse wrote:
> > It's another one of those things the installer is supposed to do and
> > usually does do.  Whether the 1.6.2/sparc installer actually does so is
> > another question;
>
> May I just point out that another thing worth to try might be the
> 2.0_BETA from
>
>   ftp://releng.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-daily/netbsd-2-0/200405150000/sparc/

I might just give that a try before I take the sledgehammer to the drive.
Thanks.

Cheers

Gary

--
"There are two major products that came out of Berkeley; LSD and UNIX.
We don't believe this to be a coincidence."

BOFH Excuse #76: Unoptimised hard drive.

Linux, because eventually, you grow up enough to be trusted with a fork()