Subject: Secondary Boot
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Andy Ball <ball@cyberspace.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/20/2004 10:55:58
Hello,

I'm really pleased with the way that 'pedwar', my SPARCstation 5 is
running NetBSD-1.6.2.  I would also like to get a SPARCstation 1+
running as my 24/7 machine, since it sips about 25W.  It has a
Quantum Fireball hard disk at ID 0 and for the installation I have
connected externally a 100 Mb Zip drive (ID 5) and a Plextor CD-ROM
(ID 6).

Typing "boot cdrom" at the firmware (ROM 1.3) ok prompt gets me into
"NetBSD/sparc Secondary Boot, Revision 1.12".  I'm prompted for a
device and then (I think) a kernel file.  What is the correct way to
specify the CD-ROM at ID 6?  I've tried "sd(0,6,0)", "cd(0,6,0)",
"cdrom" and a few other things besides, all without success.

- Andy Ball.