Subject: Re: Experiences with 2.0beta?
To: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/02/2004 17:27:02
On Sun, May 02, 2004 at 03:56:24PM +0200, Hauke Fath wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I felt (probably too) adventurous and upgraded my ss10 home server from
> 1.6.2 to 2.0beta. One of the main reasons was that I wanted to run it as
> WLAN access point.
>
> Since the machine has produced quite a few crashes, I've made a list on
> http://la.causeuse.org/hauke/NetBSD/netbsd-2-0-experience/ -- what are
> others' experiences with the to-be-2.0? Stability? Anybody having more
> success with bridge(4) than me?

I have a dual-cpu ss10, running cvs update/build.sh almost in loop.
I also have a Ultra/1 running a 32bit kernel, used to an old
SunOS4/sparc tool for educationnal purpose.
I didn't have a single crash yet.

But I won't upgrade my home dsl router before the ipfilter bugs
have been fixed :)

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>