Subject: Re: 2.0 beta install problem on sun4c
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.org>
From: Jonathan <monk@netjunky.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/25/2004 14:15:09
On Apr 25, 2004, at 2:05 PM, David Laight wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 25, 2004 at 08:54:12PM +0200, Hauke Fath wrote:
>> The miniroot tries to create a directory as mountpoint in / (why not
>> ship
>> with it?) but that is read-only:
>
> It is ages since I changed sysinst so that it used /targetroot (not
> /mnt)
> so that it can easily stript it from the 'lastmounted' field of the
> superblock and hence report sensible default mount points.
>
> 	David

I found that using the "old-style" install scripts worked, whereas
using the new menued installer system ran into the same problem.

I don't remember the specific miniroot, but it was a march '04 build on
an IPX.  I couldn't remember if there was any way to remount the root
fs RW, so I ended up trying the old installer scripts and it worked
fine.

~j