Subject: Re: CVS commit: src/sys/arch/sparc/sparc
To: Paul Kranenburg <pk@cs.few.eur.nl>
From: Steve Rumble <rumble@ephemeral.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/18/2004 10:35:02
On Sun, Apr 18, 2004 at 02:00:40AM +0200, Paul Kranenburg wrote:
> The odds are that it is a kernel issue, such as a CPU spinning on a
> lock at high IPL.
>
> Try a kernel with DDB and/or LOCKDEBUG, which allows you to get stack
> traces for CPUs (or at least those which aren't stuck) if you get a
> response to a BREAK at least once.

I built a kernel with DDB, LOCKDEBUG, DEBUG and DIAGNOSTIC. It
paniced with: "panic: softdep_deallocate_dependencies: unrecovered
I/O error".

I'm going to see if I can reproduce this consistently. How does
one switch cpus from within ddb, or at least obtain a stack trace
for another cpu?

Cheers,
Steve