Subject: Re: CVS commit: src/sys/arch/sparc/sparc
To: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
From: Steve Rumble <rumble@ephemeral.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/14/2004 20:48:31
On Wed, Apr 14, 2004 at 07:17:51PM +1000, matthew green wrote:
> at this point any testing you can do will be greatly appreciated!

My SS20 dual hypersparc 180/150 died building userland with make
-j 4. I was able to serial break into the prom, but upon resuming
it locked hard and refuses to respond to further breaks.

I can't offer much in the way of information, but the kernel had
printed out a bunch of messages claiming failure to ping the
secondary cpu. This box isn't local, so I can't power cycle it
immediately. I've seen these sort of locks with GENERIC.MP prior
to the recent changes. SMP appears to work fine for a little
while, then the machine locks up under sustained load. Single
processor is stable, however.

If there's any information I can provide that'd be helpful, I'll
get it when the machine gets cycled. I can also provide a shell
to the serial console for interested developers.

Cheers,
Steve