Subject: Re: MP on SS20
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Bernd Sieker <bsieker@rvs.uni-bielefeld.de>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/10/2004 09:02:01
On 09.04.04, 22:48:06, Sean Hafeez wrote:
> I have recompiled using the GENERIC.MP on a SS20 with 2x75Mhz CPU's. On
> boot it seems to see both CPU's but does not seem to use them. After
> doing some research I found some writings that pointed to the fact that
> while it will see both CPU's it will not use them in 1.6.2 and if I
> want full support I am looking at 2.0.0? Can anyone confirm this?

Absolutely. Detecting CPUs is easy, doing proper multi-processor
operation is very hard, and had not been done in 1.6[.x]

Go for 2.0 (it's not 2.0.0 btw., works really well on sparc, I run
it on a machine like yours.

Download snapshots from ftp://releng.netbsd.org/

--
Bernd Sieker

NetBSD: The choice of hundreds worldwide
		-- Tom Harvey