Subject: Re: Serial speed on SS10
To: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
From: =?iso-8859-1?q?Laurent=20FAILLIE?= <l_faillie@yahoo.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/30/2004 10:19:20
 --- der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA> a
écrit : >

> > I achieved connection on the serial only at
> 9600.(both on bootprom
> > and NetBsd session)
>
> Ah, now, if you're talking about the PROM code, then
> it's not just the
> hardware limitations that matter - and the OS is
> irrelevant.  I have
> fuzzy memory of some indications that you can get
> the ROM code to speak
> at speeds other than 9600, but have never tried it
> myself.

I've put the PROM setting of my SS5 at 19200 when I've
installed netbsd 1.6. It's working fine but I put it
back to 9600 because it was a mess when NetBSD start
(because its setting is 9600 and, obviously, you can
change it only after installation) ...

Bye

Lolo

=====
The misspelling master is on the Web.
   _________	100 % Dictionnary Free !
 /  Dico  / /	Pleins d'autres fautes sur
/________/ /	http://go.to/destroyedlolo
(#######( /	http://destroyedlolo.homeunix.org:8080
Quoi, des fautes d'orthographe! Pas possible ;-D.

Yahoo! Mail: votre e-mail personnel et gratuit qui vous suit partout !
Créez votre adresse à http://mail.yahoo.fr