Subject: Re: Serial speed on SS10
To: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/29/2004 12:38:44
Thus spake der Mouse ("dM> ") sometime Today...

dM> Ah, now, if you're talking about the PROM code, then it's not just the
dM> hardware limitations that matter - and the OS is irrelevant.  I have
dM> fuzzy memory of some indications that you can get the ROM code to speak
dM> at speeds other than 9600, but have never tried it myself.

At the 'ok' prompt:

setenv ttya-mode ${SPEED},8,n,1,${FLOW}

At a root shell prompt:

eeprom ttya-mode=${SPEED},8,n,1,${FLOW}

In both cases, replace ${SPEED} with the desired baudrate (I'm currently
running at 19200) and replace ${FLOW} with the desired flow control, which
is one of h, s, or - (for hardware, software, or no flow control,
respectively).

				--*greywolf;
--
22 Ways to Get Yourself Killed While Watching 'The Lord Of The Rings':

#22: After the movie, say "Lucas could have done it better."