Subject: Re: Serial speed on SS10
To: None <amoschos@in.gr>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/29/2004 15:18:25
> Does anybody know what is the maximum speed of the serial port on the
> SparcStation 10 (under NetBSD)?

38400, I believe, unless you've applied my patch to the driver, in
which case it's 614400 (but at speeds which cannot be achieved without
the patch, input becomes significantly more error-prone).

> "man zs".Reports 50 - 38400 and for some models 115200.

Actually, you can go as low as 3 baud.  (I have occasionally found such
speeds useful, even.)

> I achieved connection on the serial only at 9600.(both on bootprom
> and NetBsd session)

Ah, now, if you're talking about the PROM code, then it's not just the
hardware limitations that matter - and the OS is irrelevant.  I have
fuzzy memory of some indications that you can get the ROM code to speak
at speeds other than 9600, but have never tried it myself.

Once the NetBSD is up, though, you should ahve the full range of speeds
available.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign