Subject: Install problem SS5 / Mounted as read only.
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.org>
From: pyrotek <pyrotek@internode.on.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/29/2004 19:52:34
Hello.

I have just installed Netbsd 1.6.1 for the first time on my SS5.
The problem I am having is I can do what the instructions say
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.6/sparc/INSTALL.html#Post%20install
ation%20steps
as stated there I need to /sbin/mount -u -w /
I do this off the boot cd in the bin/sh shell.
I get this error
mount: Cannot open '/etc/fstab': No such file for directory
If I try reboot normally I get a read only file system.
I am lost It could be something I am missing.. usually is
or something is wrong I don't know.
IF you need anymore info from me let me know but I would be really thankful
if someone could help me out here.

Thanks