Subject: re: Performances ?
To: =?iso-8859-1?q?Laurent=20FAILLIE?= <l_faillie@yahoo.com>
From: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/26/2003 00:32:36

   > i have two:
   > 	- try the SS5 again with the "-mv8" flag.  by
   > default GCC
   > 	will be emiting code that runs on older CPU's and
   > won't use
   > 	the hardware divide/multiple routines.

   Ok, I'll try w/ this flags. Do you know if there is
   some other options for Sparc and UltraSparc
   architecture ?
   Because, POV's configure script doesn't do good stuffs
   w/ architecture other than i86 (it's the authore first
   trial w/ configure).
   For the moment, I use following option :

   -O3 -finline-functions -ffast-math
   -fomit-frame-pointer -funroll-loops
   -fexpensive-optimizations -Wno-multichar

(note that both -finline-functions and -fexpensive-optimisations
are enabled by default at -O3.)

there are several options.  for sparc, it depends on the exact
cpu.  for the SS5/110, that's a microsparcII cpu... hmm there
appears to be no special flags for that, just -mv8.  for the
ultra5, try "-mcpu=ultrasparc -mtune=ultrasparc"