Subject: Re: ss20 duoble cpu apparing strange on dmesg
To: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
From: Antonio Bravo <tonio@freeshell.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/20/2003 12:55:18
matthew green wrote:

>   On Sunday, October 19, 2003, at 09:31  PM, matthew green wrote:
>
>   > actually, i had issues with my tri-HS machine running SMP kernel
>   > with the icache disabled.  i'm pretty sure there is more than just
>   > the icache lossage - but the issues == hard hang, so i have no
>   > idea what is going on...
>
>   So I should update the docs against running HS machines with SMP?
>

>yup.  we should document that SMP only works on supersparc & viking
>modules.
>

>.mrg.

yes that could be fine to be more accurate in the FAQs/docs.
I bought some Ross cpu's just by reading that all modules where working
SMP...and discovered it's far from being thruth.
Well  I guess most people used to ss10/20 know about the possible
pecularities of Ross modules It's in fact  an excellent
opportunity to hack and learn.
With current I got  2x100mhz and 2x166 mhz to boot but the system wasn't
stable.

About docs: why the lack of Ross papers. (at least the ones easily
available from the web.archive.org...) on the
NetBSD sparc page ? (as a comparison: I'm a big fan of HP 9000 and when
it comes about running/hacking say ....linux on
them, I can get all HP docs on parisc-linux.org....).