Subject: re: ss20 duoble cpu apparing strange on dmesg
To: Brett Lymn <blymn@baesystems.com.au>
From: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/20/2003 14:31:28
   On Sun, Oct 19, 2003 at 01:11:59PM -0400, Steve Rumble wrote:

   > HyperSparc's should work fine -- I'm using a 150 and 180 in my
   > ss20 without any problems. I think that the smp hypersparc support
   > came into -current around January.

   As far as I know, hypersparc SMP is not working properly.  There is a
   work around available which effectively disables the cache.  There is
   a performance penalty for doing this though but it does make the
   machine run reliably.

actually, i had issues with my tri-HS machine running SMP kernel
with the icache disabled.  i'm pretty sure there is more than just
the icache lossage - but the issues == hard hang, so i have no
idea what is going on...

.mrg.